Inspired by reading the book Wild, by Cheryl Strayed, Kathy and I embarked on our first segment of the North Country National Scenic Trail. Here are some photos we took from our six-mile trek along those portions of the trail that pass through the Yankee Springs Recreation Area in lovely Barry Country, Michigan yesterday (Saturday, Oct. 19th) afternoon. The hike was simply gorgeous with all the autumn colors, a carpet of fallen leaves, and the varied ecosystems. We highly recommend this trail segment. Enjoy!
- Three classic urban basins
- The road ate my neighborhood!
- Searching by bike for truth and reconciliation amid the minefields of Angola
- Ten planning lessons from Winnipeg, Manitoba
- The “real” snowbirds
- Ten planning lessons from Victoria, British Columbia
- Geography of advanced degrees in the USA (2013)
- Scaling 8,144 foot Green Mountain in Boulder, Colorado
- Cities with all the vowels
- Bangkok to join the 2,000 foot skyscraper club
- 331,411 hits