- What a “smart park” idea!
- Prospecting for art in former mining towns
- Weaponry city and town names
- Stores where principles and people outweigh greed on Thanksgiving
- “Interstellar” is indescribably awesome!
- Heavy/precious metal cities and towns
- North America’s newest intermodal railroad facilities
- “Say cheese!” – Cities with the most surveillance cameras
- Constant’s “New Babylon” utopia is not so far-fetched
- Slang and synonyms for “suburban”
- 337,124 hits
Category Archives: fun
Kathy and I saw Interstellar last night. This science-fiction epic is so good that a description cannot and should not be compartmentalized into a blog post. The cast, including a surprise un-billed guest appearance, were superb, the visual images were … Continue reading
As a follow-up to terms for “rural,” here’s my list of positive and demeaning terms for “urban.” Asphalt jungle Built Built environment Built-up Citified Concrete jungle Conurbation Cosmopolitan Dense Downtown Inner City Manhattanized Megalopolis Metropolis Metropolitan Micropolitan Midtown Overbuilt Sprawl … Continue reading
This film is what great moviemaking is all about! Michael Keaton, Edward Norton, Emma Stone, Amy Ryan, Andrea Riseborough, Naomi Watts, and the entire cast of Birdman give performances of a lifetime in this cinematic treat. The cinematography is breathtaking … Continue reading
While reading a book that is especially enjoyable, I literally revel in it, not wanting the book to ever end. Never Look a Polar Bear in the Eye by author Zac Unger is just such a book. It is a … Continue reading