I went to see Elliot Street Lunatic (ESL) play at The Loft in downtown Lansing last night and they just absolutely killed it. What a great show! Anyone who has read this blog knows that I think their recent release, Ghost Town Lullabies is totally awesome – definitely the best new album of 2012 (to date) in my humble opinion.
If you live in any of the cities listed below, be sure to check Elliot Street Lunatic out during their May 2012 tour:
- Denver, CO – Bender’s Tavern on May 12th
- Lincoln, NE – Bourbon Theater on May 14th
- Iowa City, IA – Gabes on May 15th
- Chicago, IL – Reggie’s Music Joint on May 17th
- Toledo, OH – Ottawa Tavern on May 18th
- Lansing, MI – Mac’s Bar on May 19th
- Hartland, MI – Bled Fest on May 26th
And of course, those of us here can regularly check ESL out in Lansing, Pontiac, Flint, and music festivals in the region. Here’s a weblink to the band’s current tour schedule.
Last night they just blew the lid off The Loft with a stellar performance before a great crowd. The set included three new tunes that were just as excellent as those off Ghost Town Lullabies. Here are some photos from the show that I took with my digital camera.