Below is a terrific June 2012 map from the U.S. Department of Energy’s Clean Cities Coalition that shows those participating cities, regions, and states around the nation (areas in green and specific places by red dots).
To start a clean coalition in your community, region, or state, the following are necessary.
- “An active network of stakeholders who meet regularly and have defined roles
- A clear organizational structure
- A coordinator to lead the coalition
- Reliable funding for the coordinator position
- Specific, attainable goals and a strategic plan for achieving them
- Strong partnerships with air-quality officials, energy officials, and other decision makers who control resources and help guide policy.”
Here’s a weblink to the designation guidebook.