Below are photos from our visit today (Monday, 8/13/12) to Yosemite National Park. Unfortunately, because of the extreme heat Yosemite Falls was dry as a bone and Bridal Veil Falls was nearly so. The park was still impressive, as were the efforts to reduce traffic congestion. Even so, portions of the park must be near gridlock on weekends.
Join 792 other subscribers
- Is Soul City’s dream being realized in Illinois?
- World’s largest cities with three (3) letter names
- The Pumpkins return with a “Smashing” good record
- City/town names in USA/Canada that end with matching letters
- The High Desert bursts forth in a symphony of colors
- Scaling peaks of stone despite achy bones: A memoir and and an aspiration
- Ten favorite and least favorite state capital cities
- Los destinos divinos de Latinoamérica: Ciudades con nombres religiosos más allá de San/o, o Santa/o [Latin America’s divine destinations: Cities with religious names beyond San/o, or Santa/o]
- Ten dreamy planning lessons from cruising Michigan’s Woodward Corridor
- Cities and towns on the go –> Go –> GO!
- 1,860,302 hits
- Alliance for Biking and Walking
- American Planning Association
- Canadian Institute of Planners
- City Observatory
- Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat
- Curbed Detroit
- Curbed National
- FLOW – For Love of Water
- League of American Bicyclists
- Modern Cities
- Next City
- Oil & Water Don't Mix
- Royal Town Planning Institute
- Strong Towns
- The Corner Side Yard
- The Dirt
- The Gondola Project
Wondrous and Awesome…
This place never fails to amaze me. Been here twice, but still I want to go back for more. The views are just breathtaking!
I have been absent for some time, but now I remember why I used to love this blog. Thanks , I will try and check back more often. How frequently you update your site?