- BET (Bethel, AK) – Seems this should have been the one for Las Vegas or Reno.
- BFL (Bakersfield, CA) – I am “baffled” why this is so funny.
- BUF (Buffalo, NY) – Hopefully, you do not have to arrive in the buff.
- BUR (Burbank,, CA) – This code would be good for someplace cold.
- FAT (Fresno, CA) – I realize this stands for Fresno Air Terminal, but talk about bad public relations.
- GGG (Longview, TX) – You’d get better internet service if it was 4Gs.
- IRK (Kirksville, MO) – I would be “irked” too if I had to fly there.
- KOA ( Kona, HA) – Who want to fly into a campground?
- LAX (Los Angeles, CA) – I hope this does not signify their attention to details. It also sounds like the abbreviation for Laxative International Airport.
- MOB (Mobile, AL) – self-explanatory.
- PIE (St. Petersburg-Clearwater, FL) – I have no idea why it is PIE.
- PUB (Pueblo, CO) – Now this is my kind of airport! Beer for everyone.
- ROW (Roswell, NM) – I hope we don’t have to – flap maybe, but not row.
- RUT (Rutland, VT) – No one wants to be in one, particularly in an airplane.
- SUX (Sioux City, IA) – If I were the Sioux City Chamber of Commerce or Tourism Bureau, I would ask for a new code designation and fast!
- UTO (Utopia Creek, AK) – Who wants to hear anything remotely close to “uh-oh” or “ut-oh” when flying?
Join 876 other followers
- Estadios de béisbol mas grandes de America Latina (Largest baseball stadiums of Latin America)
- Snapshots of Chicago in geometric black & white
- Ten planning lessons from Daniel Burnham’s Chicago
- Aerial tramways – a “last mile” transit solution for airports and stadiums
- Top ten (10) tallest airport control towers by continent
- Tall Timbers – World’s tallest wooden skyscrapers
- From sea to shining sea of wasteful surface parking lots
- New “Austin Towers” will soon be spying over Texas
- Ten planning lessons from mighty Los Angeles
- The top 100 Interstate Highway truck bottlenecks
- 1,764,526 hits