Every now and then a certain song comes along that reaches out and tugs at your heart the moment you first hear it. Several examples of such emotional songs that I can think of include:
- “Yesterday” by The Beatles
- “The Way We Were” by Barbra Streisand
- “Landslide” by Fleetwood Mac
- “Why Can’t I Have You?” by The Cars”
- “No One’s Ever Gonna Love You Like I Do” by Band of Horses
Add a thoughtful video to accompany the song as The Cars did and the song will plant itself within your very soul.
The Danish alternative/Indie band, The Raveonettes, have just released such an evocative a new song and video, entitled “The Enemy.” If you have ever been in a relationship that is in the process disintegrating, I think you will immediately recognize the pain written into the lyrics and sense the visible anguish shown in the film by Sharin and Sune. I know I can definitely relate on both counts. Guess that is why it is said that, “music is what feelings sound like.”