Here is a weblink (http://bit.ly/1cAvzIM) to a map created showing the geographic distribution of Amazon’s current Fulfillment Centers across the United States and Canada. Currently, there are many such facilities around the world with more opening in 2014 (Tampa- Ruskin FL, two in Woodbridge, NJ, and Kenosha, WI) as the company intends to ramp up its delivery services, including a same day delivery option.
It is interesting to note that some urban regions have become fulfillment clusters for Amazon, as multiple centers are located within close proximity to one another. These clusters are found in to following metro regions:
- Columbia, South Carolina
- Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas
- Harrisburg-York, Pennsylvania
- Indianapolis, Indiana – 4 centers
- Louisville-Lexington-Cincinnati, Kentucky/Ohio – largest cluster with 11 centers
- Nashville-Murfreesboro, Tennessee
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Scranton-Wiles Barre, Pennsylvania
- Seattle-Tacoma, Washington
- Stockton-Tracy, California
- Wilmington, Delaware
Other fulfillment clusters appear to be developing in and near Chattanooga, Tennessee and Toronto, Ontario.