Inspired by reading the book Wild, by Cheryl Strayed, Kathy and I embarked on our first segment of the North Country National Scenic Trail. Here are some photos we took from our six-mile trek along those portions of the trail that pass through the Yankee Springs Recreation Area in lovely Barry Country, Michigan yesterday (Saturday, Oct. 19th) afternoon. The hike was simply gorgeous with all the autumn colors, a carpet of fallen leaves, and the varied ecosystems. We highly recommend this trail segment. Enjoy!
- Happy 100th Birthday to the National Park Service!
- The “not-so good” war
- Awesome Acadia turns 100
- Cool map of Can-Am megaregions
- Whatever happened to pride of place or ownership?
- Zoning options for a peaceful community
- Building a peaceful community with good planning
- Ten ways urban planners can promote a peaceful community
- Religion city/town names
- American civilian airports at former World War II POW camps
- 497,811 hits