Inspired by reading the book Wild, by Cheryl Strayed, Kathy and I embarked on our first segment of the North Country National Scenic Trail. Here are some photos we took from our six-mile trek along those portions of the trail that pass through the Yankee Springs Recreation Area in lovely Barry Country, Michigan yesterday (Saturday, Oct. 19th) afternoon. The hike was simply gorgeous with all the autumn colors, a carpet of fallen leaves, and the varied ecosystems. We highly recommend this trail segment. Enjoy!
- “Shakespearean” cities
- IKEA’s North American distribution network
- Rain shadow cities and planning
- Radiohead’s triumphant tour de force
- States with most quilt barn trails (by county)
- Getting “reel” about our environment
- Stitching together a “Quilt Barn Trail”
- Namaste by the runway – Airport yoga is taking off!
- Is the glamour of domestic air travel all but lost?
- Best new planning term in years: “spreadlining”
- 477,491 hits