Inspired by reading the book Wild, by Cheryl Strayed, Kathy and I embarked on our first segment of the North Country National Scenic Trail. Here are some photos we took from our six-mile trek along those portions of the trail that pass through the Yankee Springs Recreation Area in lovely Barry Country, Michigan yesterday (Saturday, Oct. 19th) afternoon. The hike was simply gorgeous with all the autumn colors, a carpet of fallen leaves, and the varied ecosystems. We highly recommend this trail segment. Enjoy!
Join 792 other subscribers
- Is Soul City’s dream being realized in Illinois?
- World’s largest cities with three (3) letter names
- The Pumpkins return with a “Smashing” good record
- City/town names in USA/Canada that end with matching letters
- The High Desert bursts forth in a symphony of colors
- Scaling peaks of stone despite achy bones: A memoir and and an aspiration
- Ten favorite and least favorite state capital cities
- Los destinos divinos de Latinoamérica: Ciudades con nombres religiosos más allá de San/o, o Santa/o [Latin America’s divine destinations: Cities with religious names beyond San/o, or Santa/o]
- Ten dreamy planning lessons from cruising Michigan’s Woodward Corridor
- Cities and towns on the go –> Go –> GO!
- 1,859,235 hits
- Alliance for Biking and Walking
- American Planning Association
- Canadian Institute of Planners
- City Observatory
- Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat
- Curbed Detroit
- Curbed National
- FLOW – For Love of Water
- League of American Bicyclists
- Modern Cities
- Next City
- Oil & Water Don't Mix
- Royal Town Planning Institute
- Strong Towns
- The Corner Side Yard
- The Dirt
- The Gondola Project
Thanks for sharing this, Rick!
You are welcome, Bruce.
Love this! I’ve been wanting to get to Yankee Springs portion. I just finished “Wild” and have been traveling my Michigan therapy trail (NCT) too! 🙂