Inspired by reading the book Wild, by Cheryl Strayed, Kathy and I embarked on our first segment of the North Country National Scenic Trail. Here are some photos we took from our six-mile trek along those portions of the trail that pass through the Yankee Springs Recreation Area in lovely Barry Country, Michigan yesterday (Saturday, Oct. 19th) afternoon. The hike was simply gorgeous with all the autumn colors, a carpet of fallen leaves, and the varied ecosystems. We highly recommend this trail segment. Enjoy!
- Nocturnal notes shimmer from the Golden State
- Geography of Costco logistics in North America
- North America’s newest intermodal railroad facilities – update
- Kudos to the kayak protesters of Seattle!
- Grocery shopping au naturel
- Polishing our window to the world
- A luminous urban Pearl (street)
- A beautiful Buddhist building blossoms
- Alternate avenues in the search for “America”
- Unofficial guide to hipster neighborhoods in Mexico
- 389,062 hits