Inspired by reading the book Wild, by Cheryl Strayed, Kathy and I embarked on our first segment of the North Country National Scenic Trail. Here are some photos we took from our six-mile trek along those portions of the trail that pass through the Yankee Springs Recreation Area in lovely Barry Country, Michigan yesterday (Saturday, Oct. 19th) afternoon. The hike was simply gorgeous with all the autumn colors, a carpet of fallen leaves, and the varied ecosystems. We highly recommend this trail segment. Enjoy!
- The Motor City soars to new heights
- The MOST important urban planning book of our time
- The Venice Effect: Destination cities imperiled by mass tourism
- Metro areas most impacted by the new immigration ban
- Protest at Cherry Capital Airport in TC
- Rad quotes from “The Minimalists”
- Candidate cities for orange clown’s future lie-brary
- India graces us with the loveliest skyscraper of all
- Canaries in the climate change coal mine
- Is this America’s future?
- 573,828 hits