Inspired by reading the book Wild, by Cheryl Strayed, Kathy and I embarked on our first segment of the North Country National Scenic Trail. Here are some photos we took from our six-mile trek along those portions of the trail that pass through the Yankee Springs Recreation Area in lovely Barry Country, Michigan yesterday (Saturday, Oct. 19th) afternoon. The hike was simply gorgeous with all the autumn colors, a carpet of fallen leaves, and the varied ecosystems. We highly recommend this trail segment. Enjoy!
- Unofficial guide to “hip(ster)hoods” of the Rust Belt
- Can you spy this special future skyline?
- ‘Live long and prosper” in the next phases of your life, Mr. Spock
- Ten planning lessons made in Detroit
- Can you guess the cities? (#10 of 2015)
- When a suburb becomes larger than the core city
- “Planning should be aspirational”
- India’s largest airport terminals (by floor area)
- Can you spy skyline #7?
- A capital city without a country
- 368,174 hits