Inspired by reading the book Wild, by Cheryl Strayed, Kathy and I embarked on our first segment of the North Country National Scenic Trail. Here are some photos we took from our six-mile trek along those portions of the trail that pass through the Yankee Springs Recreation Area in lovely Barry Country, Michigan yesterday (Saturday, Oct. 19th) afternoon. The hike was simply gorgeous with all the autumn colors, a carpet of fallen leaves, and the varied ecosystems. We highly recommend this trail segment. Enjoy!
- Transforming an eyesore into eye-candy
- I scream for Sadie’s Ice Cream Parlor
- Little (and big) towns on the prairie
- America’s original bicycling paradise
- Suburban food truck rodeo round-ups
- Magnificent Baha’i Faith continental Houses of Worship
- “Bloom County” is back on the map!
- USA city names with each letter in reverse-alpha order
- Five historic Michigan lighthouses of northern Lake Huron
- USA city names with each letter in alphabetical order
- 402,435 hits