There are many fine examples of art deco or art moderne design. But to this planner, one the most impressive art deco structures anywhere is the former Knapp’s Department Store, which adorns south Washington Square in downtown Lansing, Michigan. Completed in 1938, the 190,000 square foot national register building will soon to reopen as the re-christened Knapp’s Office Centre. Congratulations to all the individuals, businesses, and organizations in Greater Lansing that made this successful historic preservation and adaptive reuse effort happen. Well done!
- Favorite names of mesas in America’s Old West
- Beautiful fungi and mushrooms of Power Island
- World’s largest “stad” and “sted” suffix cities
- World’s largest “Old” cities and towns
- Tuesday Tunes: “Folklore” by Taylor Swift is outstanding
- Winged insects found on driftwood
- Toasting the States with the most wineries in 2020 vs. 2018
- Tuesday tunes: Summerish band/musician names
- Two ideologies, two plutonium programs, and too reckless!
- World’s largest “New” cities
- 1,239,116 hits