Above and below are a series of images of a few of the most spectacular and inspiring bicycle bridges you will ever see on this planet. All of them are located or proposed in the Netherlands – home of windmills, of canals, of tulips, and of two-wheeled pedal-powered transport. The Dutch bicycle culture is legendary and these artistic spans only add to that well-earned acclaim. I hope you enjoy viewing these engineering wonders as much as I do.
- “A Handmaid’s Tale” – Is fiction becoming reality?
- Two downtown pedestrian malls that work and work very well
- America’s most beautiful downtown – my vote is St. Augustine
- Michigan’s ‘skyscraper’ coastal sand dunes
- America’s oddest air terminal
- From protective to active – repurposing historic city walls
- The Strongest Town Contest – Championship Round
- Combating the bus transit snobs
- “The D” in our destiny is Detroit
- Oldest continuously inhabited community per state
- 609,532 hits