Below is a satellite image of the Grasberg Mine amid the snowy high peaks of far eastern Indonesia. To the right of the mine itself are several glaciers. Hopefully neither the existing mine and/or any future extension(s) will harm the glaciers, which are quite uncommon at this equatorial latitude. Global warming is melting them away all too fast as it is. Sadly, there has been environmental damage resulting from tailings runoff into rivers from this mine.
- Food Truck Names Based on Musicians or Songs
- Smaller Cities with Taller Skylines
- “Bu-tte-ful” Town Names
- Should Struggling Cities Be Renamed?
- Amazing Songs from the First Half of 2019
- Ten+ Planning Lessons from Page, Arizona
- Cities and Towns that Get the Point!
- Ten Planning Lessons from Flagstaff, Arizona
- Tri-Cities and Quad Cities
- City/Town Names Based on Indian Band and Tribal Names
- 1,008,618 hits