Below is a satellite image of the Grasberg Mine amid the snowy high peaks of far eastern Indonesia. To the right of the mine itself are several glaciers. Hopefully neither the existing mine and/or any future extension(s) will harm the glaciers, which are quite uncommon at this equatorial latitude. Global warming is melting them away all too fast as it is. Sadly, there has been environmental damage resulting from tailings runoff into rivers from this mine.
- International Cities of Peace
- People can be so disgusting!
- Favorite dystopian literature and films
- “Here comes the sun”…cities
- My Amazon HQ2 prediction
- Since when are fire trucks incapable of backing up?
- “Bigotsburg of the week” – Forrest City, Arkansas
- Bigotsburg of the week – Shreveport, Louisiana
- North American high-rise construction crane boomtowns
- Russian cities that arose from the Gulag era
- 671,901 hits