Below is a satellite image of the Grasberg Mine amid the snowy high peaks of far eastern Indonesia. To the right of the mine itself are several glaciers. Hopefully neither the existing mine and/or any future extension(s) will harm the glaciers, which are quite uncommon at this equatorial latitude. Global warming is melting them away all too fast as it is. Sadly, there has been environmental damage resulting from tailings runoff into rivers from this mine.
- A Quartet of Old Barber Shops
- A Sad Place Where Mass Incarceration Thrives
- “Just Mercy” Will Rip Your Heart to Shreds
- The Great ‘Reverse’ Migration May Be Disastrous for Many Northern Cities and States
- Ten Planning Lessons From Warsaw, Indiana
- Fishy Town Names
- A Tasty Slice of “Tibetan Peach Pie”
- WATCH mUSkeGOn!
- A Tally of Food Truck Courts, Lots, Parks, and Pods
- The South Shore Line – Indiana’s Gift to Passenger Rail
- 792,658 hits