No, it’s not a mirage. This satellite image below is of the (nearly 21 square miles!) borate/borax mine near Boron, California. As impressive as it is from space, the image clearly shows the alterations to the natural desert landscape resulting from the mining operation. Hopefully, at some point once mining has concluded at Boron, restoration efforts can be employed to re-establish the original terrain and topography as much as possible.
- A Quartet of Old Barber Shops
- A Sad Place Where Mass Incarceration Thrives
- “Just Mercy” Will Rip Your Heart to Shreds
- The Great ‘Reverse’ Migration May Be Disastrous for Many Northern Cities and States
- Ten Planning Lessons From Warsaw, Indiana
- Fishy Town Names
- A Tasty Slice of “Tibetan Peach Pie”
- WATCH mUSkeGOn!
- A Tally of Food Truck Courts, Lots, Parks, and Pods
- The South Shore Line – Indiana’s Gift to Passenger Rail
- 793,002 hits