No, it’s not a mirage. This satellite image below is of the (nearly 21 square miles!) borate/borax mine near Boron, California. As impressive as it is from space, the image clearly shows the alterations to the natural desert landscape resulting from the mining operation. Hopefully, at some point once mining has concluded at Boron, restoration efforts can be employed to re-establish the original terrain and topography as much as possible.
- International Cities of Peace
- People can be so disgusting!
- Favorite dystopian literature and films
- “Here comes the sun”…cities
- My Amazon HQ2 prediction
- Since when are fire trucks incapable of backing up?
- “Bigotsburg of the week” – Forrest City, Arkansas
- Bigotsburg of the week – Shreveport, Louisiana
- North American high-rise construction crane boomtowns
- Russian cities that arose from the Gulag era
- 672,159 hits