Here’s an impressive satellite photograph of the flames from the 32 square mile Holuhraun basaltic lava field (fissure system volcano) in Iceland. Set amid the winter snows and nearby glacier, the lava field presents a stark and dramatic contrast of our planet’s landscape and ever-changing life-cycle. Cheers!
- Cities and Towns that Get the Point!
- Ten Planning Lessons from Flagstaff, Arizona
- Tri-Cities and Quad Cities
- City/Town Names Based on Indian Band and Tribal Names
- America’s First Great Town Planners…
- An Impressive Park Memorializes When Quilts Saved a Town
- The First Great Hub of the Northern Plains
- Two Towns and Two Death Tales of Billy the Kid
- Cities/Towns Named for Native American Indian Chiefs
- Hell’s Worth of Wickedness in One Cowtown
- 998,440 hits