As a follow-up to a previous post about airports named for famous musicians like John Lennon and Mozart, the following is a list of those airports around the globe that are or have been named for famous scientists and inventors. As is evident from the list, all five airports are located in Europe, with three in Italy and one each in Serbia and Poland. Cheers!
- Belgrade, Serbia: Nikola Tesla International Airport
- Bologna, Italy: Guglielmo Marconi Airport
- Pisa, Italy: Galileo Galilei Airport – renamed Pisa International Airport
- Rome, Italy: Leonardo da Vinci/Fiumicino International Airport
- Wroclaw, Poland: Copernicus International Airport