Below is a list of Costco’s distribution centers (they refer to them as depots) in North America and their square footage. Following the list is a weblink to a map created which shows how there are dispersed across the continent. Many of the Costco depots consist of a building for dry goods and a separate one of wet goods. In some cases there is another building for meat processing. The square footages provided represent the size of the entire Costco facility. The newest depot is currently under construction just off I-94 in Belleville, Michigan, between Detroit and Ann Arbor.
As of the end of 2014, there were 474 Costco warehouse stores in the United States (served by 10 depots, plus one under construction), 88 in Canada (served by four depots), and 34 in Mexico (served by one depot in the country and the Laredo, TX facility).
Costco distribution centers (depots) in North America
- Airdrie, AB, Canada: 220,000 square feet (can be exp. to 433,000 sq. ft.)
- Atlanta (College Park), GA: total size unknown
- Belleville, MI (opening 2015): 342,384 square feet
- Brampton, ON, Canada: 358,013 square feet
- Dallas, TX: 335,695 square feet
- Langley, BC: total size unknown
- Laredo, TX: 188,179 square feet
- Mira Loma, CA: 800,000 square feet
- Monroe, NJ: 1,127,000 square feet
- Monrovia, MD: 593,400 square feet with new expansion
- Morris, IL: 850,000 square feet
- St. Bruno, QC: total size unknown
- Salt Lake City, UT: 535,025 square feet
- Sumner, WA: 500,000 square feet
- Tepeji del Rio, Mexico: 829,220 square feet
- Tolleson, AZ: 200,000 square feet
- Tracy, CA: total size unknown
- West Palm Beach, FL: total size unknown
Other overseas Costco depots are located in the United Kingdom, Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan.
Pingback: 米Costcoのデジタルへの取り組み - Cutting-Edge Technology Review