Interesting data provided in the chart below. Despite a labor strike in 2014, Los Angeles and Long Beach continued to the lead the way as the busiest container ports in the United States based on twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs). the fastest growing container port in the nation was Savannah, Georgia with a 17.2% increase, followed by Philadelphia with a 15.2% increase. Seattle, San Juan, and Miami all saw their TEUs drop, though Miami’s was very minor.
- International Cities of Peace
- People can be so disgusting!
- Favorite dystopian literature and films
- “Here comes the sun”…cities
- My Amazon HQ2 prediction
- Since when are fire trucks incapable of backing up?
- “Bigotsburg of the week” – Forrest City, Arkansas
- Bigotsburg of the week – Shreveport, Louisiana
- North American high-rise construction crane boomtowns
- Russian cities that arose from the Gulag era
- 672,154 hits