- A beautiful physical setting not only inspires, but also enhances creativity.
- Even a smallish stream can make a powerful downtown greenspace amenity (see photo above).
- College towns across the nation routinely have some of the most vibrant and pleasant downtown business districts.
- More Americans desperately need to learn about the important Spanish and Mexican contributions to our nation’s history.
- Colonial Spanish architecture mixes very well with more modern styles.
- A spectacular coastline within 15 minutes is a real plus – for recreation, economic development, and tourism planning; as well as a natural air freshener and cooling system.
- Some places in California are not trapped in constant traffic gridlock – the trick is, keeping it that way.
- One person’s eyesore can be another person’s tourist attraction – Bubblegum Alley.
- Good humor can be an effective branding tool – SLO Transit (see photo below).
- There are great places with great planning throughout California, not just in the Bay Area or in So Cal.
Join 876 other followers
- Estadios de béisbol mas grandes de America Latina (Largest baseball stadiums of Latin America)
- Snapshots of Chicago in geometric black & white
- Ten planning lessons from Daniel Burnham’s Chicago
- Aerial tramways – a “last mile” transit solution for airports and stadiums
- Top ten (10) tallest airport control towers by continent
- Tall Timbers – World’s tallest wooden skyscrapers
- From sea to shining sea of wasteful surface parking lots
- New “Austin Towers” will soon be spying over Texas
- Ten planning lessons from mighty Los Angeles
- The top 100 Interstate Highway truck bottlenecks
- 1,764,526 hits