While compiling the list of catchy and clever food truck names, the number of trucks with names that are (or appear to be) at least partially based on musicians and/or songs was noted. So here is a list of those we have come across to date.
Obviously, a catchy name is easy to remember, but caution should be taken as fads can fade. Both the musicians and songs whose names have been morphed into a food truck name listed below should be well-known enough to avoid such a problem. The least known to some would probably be Twisted Sister (Mitten), but that name is eclectic enough to avoid a fade into obscurity.
Please feel free to suggest additional ones we may have missed in our search. Enjoy!
- Dog N Roses (Guns N’ Roses) – Vancouver, BC
- Franks of Antra (Frank Sinatra) – Detroit, MI
- King of Pops (nickname for Michael Jackson) – Atlanta, GA; Athens, GA; and Charlotte, NC
- Mamas and the Tapas (Mamas and the Papas) – Manteca, CA
- Melty Crue Grilled Cheese (Motley Crue) – Columbus, OH
- Muse Gelato (Muse) – Orlando, FL
- Rolling Cones (The Rolling Stones) – Pittsburgh, PA
- The Rolling Cones (The Rolling Stones) – Milwaukee, WI
- The Rollin’ Stone Wood Fired Pizza (The Rolling Stones) – Fort Collins, CO
- The Rolling Stove (The Rolling Stones) – Miami/Delray Beach, FL
- The Rolling Stoves (The Rolling Stones) – Detroit, MI
- Tin Lizzy Concessions (could be for a Tin Lizzy auto or Thin Lizzy, the band) Vancouver, BC
- Twisted Mitten (Twisted Sister) – Detroit, MI
- Bleu Moon Food Truck (Blue Moon by Billie Holliday) – Raleigh, NC
- Bohemian Barbecue (Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen) – Austin, TX
- Fire and Ice Cream Truck (Fire and Ice by Pat Benatar) – St. Louis, MO
- Fried Egg I’m in Love (Friday I’m In Love by The Cure) – Portland, OR
- Great Balls on Tires (Great Balls of Fire by Jerry Lee Lewis) – Los Angeles, CA
- I Dream of Weenie (I Dream of Jeannie With the Light Brown Hair – written by Stephen Foster) – Nashville, TN – More likely based on the TV show, but also matches the song title.
- Lemon Submarine (Yellow Submarine by The Beatles) – San Juan, PR
- Purple People Feeder (Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley) – Tulsa, OK and Minneapolis, MN
- Reveille Coffee Co. (Reveille) – San Francisco, CA
- Seoul Man Food Truck (Soul Man by the Blues Brothers) – San Diego, CA
- Smoke, Rattle, and Roll (Shake, Rattle, and Roll by Bill Haley and the Comets) – Baltimore, MD
- Zippy-Do-Dog (Zippity-do-dah from the film “Song of the South”) – Boston, MA
If food trucks intrigue you, here’s a fun film about starting a food truck that’s available through Amazon.*
* A small commission is earned by us from purchases that are made using these links to Amazon.