While compiling the list of catchy and clever food truck names, the number of trucks with names that are (or appear to be) at least partially based on musicians and/or songs was noted. So here is a list of those we have come across to date.
Obviously, a catchy name is easy to remember, but caution should be taken as fads can fade. Both the musicians and songs whose names have been morphed into a food truck name listed below should be well-known enough to avoid such a problem. The least known to some would probably be Twisted Sister (Mitten), but that name is eclectic enough to avoid a fade into obscurity.
Please feel free to suggest additional ones we may have missed in our search. Enjoy!
- Dog N Roses (Guns N’ Roses) – Vancouver, BC
- Franks of Antra (Frank Sinatra) – Detroit, MI
- King of Pops (nickname for Michael Jackson) – Atlanta, GA; Athens, GA; and Charlotte, NC
- Mamas and the Tapas (Mamas and the Papas) – Manteca, CA
- Melty Crue Grilled Cheese (Motley Crue) – Columbus, OH
- Muse Gelato (Muse) – Orlando, FL
- Rolling Cones (The Rolling Stones) – Pittsburgh, PA
- The Rolling Cones (The Rolling Stones) – Milwaukee, WI
- The Rollin’ Stone Wood Fired Pizza (The Rolling Stones) – Fort Collins, CO
- The Rolling Stove (The Rolling Stones) – Miami/Delray Beach, FL
- The Rolling Stoves (The Rolling Stones) – Detroit, MI
- Tin Lizzy Concessions (could be for a Tin Lizzy auto or Thin Lizzy, the band) Vancouver, BC
- Twisted Mitten (Twisted Sister) – Detroit, MI
- Bleu Moon Food Truck (Blue Moon by Billie Holliday) – Raleigh, NC
- Bohemian Barbecue (Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen) – Austin, TX
- Fire and Ice Cream Truck (Fire and Ice by Pat Benatar) – St. Louis, MO
- Fried Egg I’m in Love (Friday I’m In Love by The Cure) – Portland, OR
- Great Balls on Tires (Great Balls of Fire by Jerry Lee Lewis) – Los Angeles, CA
- I Dream of Weenie (I Dream of Jeannie With the Light Brown Hair – written by Stephen Foster) – Nashville, TN – More likely based on the TV show, but also matches the song title.
- Lemon Submarine (Yellow Submarine by The Beatles) – San Juan, PR
- Purple People Feeder (Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley) – Tulsa, OK and Minneapolis, MN
- Reveille Coffee Co. (Reveille) – San Francisco, CA
- Seoul Man Food Truck (Soul Man by the Blues Brothers) – San Diego, CA
- Smoke, Rattle, and Roll (Shake, Rattle, and Roll by Bill Haley and the Comets) – Baltimore, MD
- Zippy-Do-Dog (Zippity-do-dah from the film “Song of the South”) – Boston, MA
If food trucks intrigue you, here’s a fun film about starting a food truck that’s available through Amazon.*
* A small commission is earned from purchases that are made using these links to Amazon.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
When food truck name change based on the magician or song name. It’s can be more familiar or famous. It helps you to increase brand identity and revenue also.