Below is my list of favorite beers by state and country. Most of the ones in the United States have been tried at the brewery or brewpub. Brands from outside the United States have been tried in restaurants there or were bought from stores where they are available here in the USA. These rankings may change over time as new beer are tried and in a reflection of changing tastes.
- Australia – Fosters
- Belgium – Stella Artois
- Canada – Moosehead Lager
- China – Tsingtao
- Czech Republic – Pilsner Urquell
- Denmark – Carlsberg Pilsner
- England – Bass
- Germany – Beck’s
- Greece – Mythos
- India – Kingfisher
- Ireland – Harp
- Italy – Peroni
- Japan – Sapporo
- Mexico – Bohemia Pilsner (been a fan of this beer since 1976)
- Netherlands – Heineken
- Portugal – Sagres
- United States
- Arizona: Barrio Brewing (Tucson) – TJ’s Raspberry Ale
- California: Lost Coast Brewing (Eureka) – Tangerine Wheat
- Colorado: Avery Brewing (Boulder) – Joe’s Pils
- Massachusetts: Wachusett Brewing (Gardner) – Blueberry Ale
- Michigan: Ore Dock Brewing (Marquette) – Queen City
- New Mexico: Ponderosa Brewing (Albuquerque) – New Mexican Lime Lager
- New York: Genesee Brewing (Rochester) – Cream Ale
- Ohio: Schoenling Brewing (Cincinnati) – Little Kings Cream Ale
- Pennsylvania: Penn Brewery (Pittsburgh) – Penn Pilsner
- Utah: Zion Canyon Brewery (Springdale) – Engel Landen Pilsner
- Wisconsin: Pabst Brewing (Milwaukee) – PBR…though I do want to try the renewed version Rhinelander.
Bold – Three (3) favorite mass produced beers and my three (3) favorite craft beers.
Italics – tasted at the brewery/brewpub or in the country where its produced.
If you love beer like I do, here’s a link to a couple of beer guides available through Amazon.com*: