- Fictional cities of dystopia
- International Cities of Peace
- People can be so disgusting!
- Favorite dystopian literature and films
- “Here comes the sun”…cities
- My Amazon HQ2 prediction
- Since when are fire trucks incapable of backing up?
- “Bigotsburg of the week” – Forrest City, Arkansas
- Bigotsburg of the week – Shreveport, Louisiana
- North American high-rise construction crane boomtowns
- 672,522 hits
Category Archives: Advocacy
The list below identifies the International Cities of Peace – currently 182. I’m very proud that my adopted home town of Traverse City, Michigan recently became the 175th such city on the planet and the third in Michigan along with Detroit … Continue reading
Forrest City is located along Interstate 40 in east-central Arkansas. It probably more appropriately deserves the title of “Bigotsburg of the Nation,” instead of “Jewel of the Delta,” given that it is named after Nathaniel Bedford Forrest. Mr. Forrest was … Continue reading
Above is a map of showing the 247 cities to date (as of 6/6/17) where the mayor has pledged their city will adhere to the Paris Climate Accord commitments on greenhouse gases. I am very proud to say our own … Continue reading
I have now had the pleasure of recently visiting two American cities with hugely successful pedestrian malls in their downtown core – St. Augustine, Florida and Boulder, Colorado. During the 1960s and 70s, pedestrian malls were seen as a possible … Continue reading