- A cultural atlas of the Beat Generation
- “On The Road” observations from the King of the Beats
- Equity is an economic growth engine!
- Poem – “At a crossroads”
- Dim the lights and celebrate International Dark Sky Week!
- The DUMB reality of opting-out
- Unofficial guide to the hipsterhoods of Dixie
- North America’s super suburbs
- In-state rivals – larger city, but smaller metro population
- Seeking admission into the realm of hipsterdom
- 383,011 hits
Category Archives: architecture
I love San Antonio! We spent half of a long six-day weekend in this captivating city and fell in love with its beauty, charm, history, people, cuisine, diverse cultures, architecture, arts, and many, many other countless attributes. Needless to say, … Continue reading
The last time I flew through Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport in 1976, it was the new kid on the block. It was “the” airport that set the bar for all others in the USA to achieve. Last Thursday, when I … Continue reading
As a follow-up to last Friday’s post on ULI’s Building Healthy Places Toolkit, this montage depicts images of a dozen of the planet’s most famous and/or intriguing outdoor urban stairways. Aside from the public health benefits derived from promoting walkability, … Continue reading
Based on an inquiry from a reader, I delved further into the topic of hipster neighborhoods of the Rust Belt, in a an attempt to identify/locate those found in mid-sized cities/metro areas. While not as prevalent as in the larger markets, … Continue reading