- “On The Road” observations from the King of the Beats
- Equity is an economic growth engine!
- Poem – “At a crossroads”
- Dim the lights and celebrate International Dark Sky Week!
- The DUMB reality of opting-out
- Unofficial guide to the hipsterhoods of Dixie
- North America’s super suburbs
- In-state rivals – larger city, but smaller metro population
- Seeking admission into the realm of hipsterdom
- Multi-state MSAs and CSAs (minimum of 3 states)
- 382,513 hits
Category Archives: civics
Does the realm of hipsterdom have a maximum age limit? That’s a question I have often asked myself. Can someone like me, who soon will be facing the 40th high school reunion squarely in the face, really be considered a … Continue reading
This disgusting and disgraceful view is what we were greeted with upon arriving at the beach of San Jose Island on the Texas Gulf Coast 10 days ago. The largely uninhabited island sits on the north side of the mouth … Continue reading
I love San Antonio! We spent half of a long six-day weekend in this captivating city and fell in love with its beauty, charm, history, people, cuisine, diverse cultures, architecture, arts, and many, many other countless attributes. Needless to say, … Continue reading
The Urban Land Institute recently released its Building Healthy Places Toolkit. The document “outlines 21 practical and evidence-based recommendations that the development community can use to promote health at the building or project scale.” The recommendations are broken into … Continue reading