- “Shakespearean” cities
- IKEA’s North American distribution network
- Rain shadow cities and planning
- Radiohead’s triumphant tour de force
- States with most quilt barn trails (by county)
- Getting “reel” about our environment
- Stitching together a “Quilt Barn Trail”
- Namaste by the runway – Airport yoga is taking off!
- Is the glamour of domestic air travel all but lost?
- Best new planning term in years: “spreadlining”
- 476,902 hits
Category Archives: civics
After way too many years of using a gasoline powered lawn mower, my wife and I recently made the switch to a human-powered reel lawn mower. Once the standard for lawn care, these basic mowing machines have been long regulated … Continue reading
On Michigan’s historic Old Mission Peninsula, the community has banded together to stitch a Quilt Barn Trail. One may ask, as I first did, what is a Quilt Barn Trail? Essentially, it is an effort to celebrate and recognize the … Continue reading
Many of us are familiar with Boston’s Freedom Trail – a walking tour that takes one to famous sights ranging from Paul Revere’s home to the Old North Church to the Boston Massacre site to Bunker Hill. Virtually anyone growing … Continue reading