- The First Great Hub of the Northern Plains
- Two Towns and Two Death Tales of Billy the Kid
- Cities/Towns Named for Native American Indian Chiefs
- Hell’s Worth of Wickedness in One Cowtown
- A Town that was Born Through a Scam!
- Best and Worst Live Concerts Seen
- The Old West Personified in a Town’s Iconic Name
- Ominous Sounding Frontier Town Names
- The Town That Was Moved Four Times!
- Pendulum Urban Planning – The Wild Ride Between Pro and Anti-development
- 980,683 hits
Category Archives: entertainment
BEST Metric – Detroit 2012, at the Fillmore Theatre Death Cab for Cutie – Detroit 2012, at the Fox Theatre The Eagles – Purdue 1976, at Elliott Hall of Music Aerosmith – Indianapolis 1975, at Market Square Arena U2 and … Continue reading
The first of our new “Frontier Towns” series is about the historic Great Plains town of Julesburg, Colorado. At the crossroads of multiple important and historic transcontinental routes lies the quaint Great Plains town of Julesburg, Colorado. This classic western … Continue reading
We, and quite a few other folks, spent part of Christmas Day snowshoeing Empire Bluff in Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. Here are a few of the inspiring images from our trek.
Films Released and Seen in 2018 Favorite Drama – Green Book Favorite Musical or Comedy– Mary Poppins Returns Favorite Animated – Isle of Dogs A Star is Born Hearts Beat Loud Black Panther Bohemian Rhapsody Roma First Man Incredibles 2 … Continue reading
Please let me chew on the words of a recent blogpost for a moment….(munch, munch, munch). Thank you. I really thought nothing could possibly equal Metric’s Art of Doubt when it came to new Alternative Rock music in 2018. Well, … Continue reading
Below are my top eleven (11) planning lessons from a delightful week-long trip to Lisboa (Lisbon), Portugal in late September. Many more could be added this list, but for brevity’s sake we’ll stay with these eleven (11) for now. They … Continue reading
Some of the approximately 1,200 works of art currently on display in Grand Rapids, Michigan.