- The First Great Hub of the Northern Plains
- Two Towns and Two Death Tales of Billy the Kid
- Cities/Towns Named for Native American Indian Chiefs
- Hell’s Worth of Wickedness in One Cowtown
- A Town that was Born Through a Scam!
- Best and Worst Live Concerts Seen
- The Old West Personified in a Town’s Iconic Name
- Ominous Sounding Frontier Town Names
- The Town That Was Moved Four Times!
- Pendulum Urban Planning – The Wild Ride Between Pro and Anti-development
- 978,675 hits
Category Archives: Environment
We, and quite a few other folks, spent part of Christmas Day snowshoeing Empire Bluff in Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. Here are a few of the inspiring images from our trek.
Came across this list on a bookmark of all things. A little fun on a Friday evening. Stand tall Reach for the stars Be patient through the dry spells Conserve your resources Think long term Wait for your time to … Continue reading
Below is a list of cities that were once or still are buried beneath the ash, rocks, lava, and other debris from a volcanic eruption. As usual, any additions or corrections are most welcome. Armero, Colombia – destroyed in 1985 … Continue reading
While we have all heard of the mythical Lost City of Atlantis, the following list identifies those ancient (and not so ancient) cities that have been found submerged beneath the waters of a river, lake, harbor, sea, or ocean. Probably … Continue reading
Several terms have become synonymous with continuous urban loop trails. These include Rim Trails, Metro Edge Ways, and Knapsack Pathways. All three of these terms were highlighted by trail-scholar Bob Searns, AICP at the 2016 Michigan Statewide Trail Summit, as … Continue reading
This is a very short list, as there are no incorporated communities located at or beyond 60 degrees south latitude – only research stations/posts on Antarctica. By the way, do you say “above” 60 degrees in the Southern Hemisphere or … Continue reading
Still no correct answers to City #25 or City #27, so here’s another hint for City #25 – it is located in Africa. Here is City #28 for your consideration.
Congratulations to Bobby for being the first to correctly identify City #16. Here is City #17. Good luck!