- Unofficial guide to hipsterhoods of the Mid-Atlantic Region
- Take me out to the ballgame…from the balcony
- Why we ride…in silence
- A cultural atlas of the Beat Generation
- “On The Road” observations from the King of the Beats
- Equity is an economic growth engine!
- Poem – “At a crossroads”
- Dim the lights and celebrate International Dark Sky Week!
- The DUMB reality of opting-out
- Unofficial guide to the hipsterhoods of Dixie
- 384,344 hits
Category Archives: environment
Begun in 2003, International Dark Sky Week celebrates the awesome glory of the night sky while also informing the public of threats from sky glow, glare, and other forms of light pollution. In 2015, International Dark Sky Week takes place from April … Continue reading
This disgusting and disgraceful view is what we were greeted with upon arriving at the beach of San Jose Island on the Texas Gulf Coast 10 days ago. The largely uninhabited island sits on the north side of the mouth … Continue reading
The Urban Land Institute recently released its Building Healthy Places Toolkit. The document “outlines 21 practical and evidence-based recommendations that the development community can use to promote health at the building or project scale.” The recommendations are broken into … Continue reading
We often hear about the highest elevations cities in the world, but far less often of the lowest. Below is a list of 25 of the lowest cities, all below sea level. If any additions are known, please feel free … Continue reading
Here are two amazing images of today’s eruption of the Villarica Volcano in southern Chile. The immense power of Mother Earth is clearly on display.