- A cultural atlas of the Beat Generation
- “On The Road” observations from the King of the Beats
- Equity is an economic growth engine!
- Poem – “At a crossroads”
- Dim the lights and celebrate International Dark Sky Week!
- The DUMB reality of opting-out
- Unofficial guide to the hipsterhoods of Dixie
- North America’s super suburbs
- In-state rivals – larger city, but smaller metro population
- Seeking admission into the realm of hipsterdom
- 382,996 hits
Category Archives: fun
Begun in 2003, International Dark Sky Week celebrates the awesome glory of the night sky while also informing the public of threats from sky glow, glare, and other forms of light pollution. In 2015, International Dark Sky Week takes place from April … Continue reading
I know this is going way out on a limb, but given their musical talent, songwriting ability, and multi-faceted range, I think the Melbourne, Australia Indie band “Dick Diver” has the potential to be the world’s next big rock/pop band. … Continue reading
I love San Antonio! We spent half of a long six-day weekend in this captivating city and fell in love with its beauty, charm, history, people, cuisine, diverse cultures, architecture, arts, and many, many other countless attributes. Needless to say, … Continue reading
As a follow-up to last Friday’s post on ULI’s Building Healthy Places Toolkit, this montage depicts images of a dozen of the planet’s most famous and/or intriguing outdoor urban stairways. Aside from the public health benefits derived from promoting walkability, … Continue reading