- International Cities of Peace
- People can be so disgusting!
- Favorite dystopian literature and films
- “Here comes the sun”…cities
- My Amazon HQ2 prediction
- Since when are fire trucks incapable of backing up?
- “Bigotsburg of the week” – Forrest City, Arkansas
- Bigotsburg of the week – Shreveport, Louisiana
- North American high-rise construction crane boomtowns
- Russian cities that arose from the Gulag era
- 671,905 hits
Category Archives: human rights
Dystopian literature is my favorite genre of fiction and dystopian films are one of my top choices in cinema. Below, I have listed my favorite classic (25 years or older) and modern (less 25 years old) dystopian stories. They are … Continue reading
Below is a list of some of the larger cities that were founded, built, or significantly enhanced through Gulag-era forced labor. If the city was founded during the Soviet Union’s Gulag era, the date is provided in parenthesis. Otherwise, the … Continue reading
Though written 32 years ago, the dystopian theocratic society described in Margaret Atwood’s striking novel bears an uncanny likeness to what is (and has been for some time) being preached and advocated by far-right political and religious zealots in our … Continue reading
Interesting data from the Brookings Institutionis provided below which is related to existing immigrant residents in the United States from the recently banned seven (7) Muslim nations. The data in the first chart shows those cities where these immigrant populations … Continue reading