- International Cities of Peace
- People can be so disgusting!
- Favorite dystopian literature and films
- “Here comes the sun”…cities
- My Amazon HQ2 prediction
- Since when are fire trucks incapable of backing up?
- “Bigotsburg of the week” – Forrest City, Arkansas
- Bigotsburg of the week – Shreveport, Louisiana
- North American high-rise construction crane boomtowns
- Russian cities that arose from the Gulag era
- 672,184 hits
Category Archives: humanity
The list below identifies the International Cities of Peace – currently 182. I’m very proud that my adopted home town of Traverse City, Michigan recently became the 175th such city on the planet and the third in Michigan along with Detroit … Continue reading
Dystopian literature is my favorite genre of fiction and dystopian films are one of my top choices in cinema. Below, I have listed my favorite classic (25 years or older) and modern (less 25 years old) dystopian stories. They are … Continue reading
Below is a list of some of the larger cities that were founded, built, or significantly enhanced through Gulag-era forced labor. If the city was founded during the Soviet Union’s Gulag era, the date is provided in parenthesis. Otherwise, the … Continue reading
The list below identifies those cities, towns, villages, townships, shires, and counties which have a designated or appointed poet laureate. It is meant to include only those with an active poet laureate position or which are searching for someone to … Continue reading