- Unofficial guide to hipsterhoods of the Mountain West
- It’s a beach, not a litter box for plastic!
- Diving Down Under to discover super music
- Unofficial guide to hipsterhoods of Texas and the Great Plains
- Fotos de San Antonio
- DFW Airport – Dated, frustrating, and worn
- Outdoor urban stairways from heaven
- Hipsterhoods of mid-sized Rust Belt cities (updated)
- A witty map of hipster urban habitats in the Lower 48
- ULI’s 21 great ways to build healthy places!
- 377,290 hits
Category Archives: infrastructure
I love San Antonio! We spent half of a long six-day weekend in this captivating city and fell in love with its beauty, charm, history, people, cuisine, diverse cultures, architecture, arts, and many, many other countless attributes. Needless to say, … Continue reading
The last time I flew through Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport in 1976, it was the new kid on the block. It was “the” airport that set the bar for all others in the USA to achieve. Last Thursday, when I … Continue reading
As a follow-up to last Friday’s post on ULI’s Building Healthy Places Toolkit, this montage depicts images of a dozen of the planet’s most famous and/or intriguing outdoor urban stairways. Aside from the public health benefits derived from promoting walkability, … Continue reading
The Urban Land Institute recently released its Building Healthy Places Toolkit. The document “outlines 21 practical and evidence-based recommendations that the development community can use to promote health at the building or project scale.” The recommendations are broken into … Continue reading