- Take me out to the ballgame…from the balcony
- Why we ride…in silence
- A cultural atlas of the Beat Generation
- “On The Road” observations from the King of the Beats
- Equity is an economic growth engine!
- Poem – “At a crossroads”
- Dim the lights and celebrate International Dark Sky Week!
- The DUMB reality of opting-out
- Unofficial guide to the hipsterhoods of Dixie
- North America’s super suburbs
- 383,751 hits
Category Archives: land use
Greater Lansing can now claim to be a national and global trendsetter in innovative urban design, as construction has begun on The Outfield – a new mixed use development, including 80 residential units, overlooking the outfield of Lugnut’s Stadium (officially … Continue reading
Begun in 2003, International Dark Sky Week celebrates the awesome glory of the night sky while also informing the public of threats from sky glow, glare, and other forms of light pollution. In 2015, International Dark Sky Week takes place from April … Continue reading
Here’s the list of the largest suburbs (by population) in North America. A minimum threshold of 150,000 residents was utilized. The population for all communities in the United States and Puerto Rico are 2013 Census Bureau estimates. For other nations, … Continue reading
Here are the six examples found of the largest city in population of a particular state not being the core of the largest metropolitan area. Interestingly, all but one example come from the South. It is also interesting to note how … Continue reading