- International Cities of Peace
- People can be so disgusting!
- Favorite dystopian literature and films
- “Here comes the sun”…cities
- My Amazon HQ2 prediction
- Since when are fire trucks incapable of backing up?
- “Bigotsburg of the week” – Forrest City, Arkansas
- Bigotsburg of the week – Shreveport, Louisiana
- North American high-rise construction crane boomtowns
- Russian cities that arose from the Gulag era
- 672,184 hits
Category Archives: new urbanism
Yesterday, it was announced that Dan Gilbert, owner of Quicken Loans will be constructing the tallest building in the State of Michigan on the site of the former Hudson’s Department store in downtown Detroit. The tower is proposed to contain … Continue reading
Want to find some healthy walkability ratings for downtown areas in Michigan? Then head due north to the Northern Lower Peninsula and/or the Upper Peninsula. Below are listed 19 cities and towns with walkability scores of 60 or greater for … Continue reading
From what this urban planner can tell, downtown Bay City, Michigan is, or is on the verge of becoming one of the hottest redevelopment markets in the state. The list of on-going and already accomplished projects is impressive for a … Continue reading
It’s not often that you see a skyscraper design that thinks outside the box here in the United States, but I must admit the proposed Spiral in New York City is an eye-catcher. This handsome tower incorporates a stunning … Continue reading