- International Cities of Peace
- People can be so disgusting!
- Favorite dystopian literature and films
- “Here comes the sun”…cities
- My Amazon HQ2 prediction
- Since when are fire trucks incapable of backing up?
- “Bigotsburg of the week” – Forrest City, Arkansas
- Bigotsburg of the week – Shreveport, Louisiana
- North American high-rise construction crane boomtowns
- Russian cities that arose from the Gulag era
- 671,771 hits
Category Archives: peace
The list below identifies the International Cities of Peace – currently 182. I’m very proud that my adopted home town of Traverse City, Michigan recently became the 175th such city on the planet and the third in Michigan along with Detroit … Continue reading
A recent report by the Friends of Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore highlights how disgusting humans can be, even when visiting a national park. The report identifies the extent and content of litter collected from beaches in the park this past summer … Continue reading
The National Park Service is easily my favorite federal agency and the one that deserves so much more funding than Congress has been willing to give in recent years. If I were able to be transported back to the threshold … Continue reading
I have had the distinct privilege of visiting 72+ of our national parks, historic sites, battlefields, lakeshores, memorials, seashores, trails, and similar units of the National Park Service. Similarly, I have had the pleasure of visiting a variety national parks … Continue reading