- Busiest resort town airports of the Intermountain West
- Happy 100th Birthday to the National Park Service!
- The “not-so good” war
- Awesome Acadia turns 100
- Cool map of Can-Am megaregions
- Whatever happened to pride of place or ownership?
- Zoning options for a peaceful community
- Building a peaceful community with good planning
- Ten ways urban planners can promote a peaceful community
- Religion city/town names
- 498,103 hits
Category Archives: placemaking
I have had the distinct privilege of visiting 72+ of our national parks, historic sites, battlefields, lakeshores, memorials, seashores, trails, and similar units of the National Park Service. Similarly, I have had the pleasure of visiting a variety national parks … Continue reading
Too often those visiting the Mackinac Straits area of Michigan will concentrate their trip on Mackinac Island and Mackinaw City, when there is a charming, entertaining, and very historic city just across the bridge in St. Ignace. St. Ignace was … Continue reading
On Michigan’s historic Old Mission Peninsula, the community has banded together to stitch a Quilt Barn Trail. One may ask, as I first did, what is a Quilt Barn Trail? Essentially, it is an effort to celebrate and recognize the … Continue reading
The list at the end of the post identifies those 12 airports found thus far that have dedicated yoga rooms available for passengers and employees to practice their poses during travel and/or work. Several other airports (Albuquerque, Raleigh-Durham, and San … Continue reading