- ULI’s 21 great ways to build healthy places!
- How low can ya’ go? Lowest cities on Earth
- Jaw-dropping images of today’s volcanic eruption from Chile
- Nearly ruining a terrific story with overt violence
- Suburbs predicted to soon exceed their core city
- Unofficial guide to “hip(ster)hoods” of the Rust Belt
- Can you spy this special future skyline?
- ‘Live long and prosper” in the next phases of your life, Mr. Spock
- Ten planning lessons made in Detroit
- Can you guess the cities? (#10 of 2015)
- 371,219 hits
Category Archives: planning
The Urban Land Institute recently released its Building Healthy Places Toolkit. The document “outlines 21 practical and evidence-based recommendations that the development community can use to promote health at the building or project scale.” The recommendations are broken into … Continue reading
We often hear about the highest elevations cities in the world, but far less often of the lowest. Below is a list of 25 of the lowest cities, all below sea level. If any additions are known, please feel free … Continue reading
As a follow-up to last Monday’s post about those suburbs in the United States that have become larger than the original core city of the metropolitan area, here are my predictions for the next group of suburbs which could soon … Continue reading