- International Cities of Peace
- People can be so disgusting!
- Favorite dystopian literature and films
- “Here comes the sun”…cities
- My Amazon HQ2 prediction
- Since when are fire trucks incapable of backing up?
- “Bigotsburg of the week” – Forrest City, Arkansas
- Bigotsburg of the week – Shreveport, Louisiana
- North American high-rise construction crane boomtowns
- Russian cities that arose from the Gulag era
- 671,749 hits
Category Archives: Renewable Energy
Above is a map of showing the 247 cities to date (as of 6/6/17) where the mayor has pledged their city will adhere to the Paris Climate Accord commitments on greenhouse gases. I am very proud to say our own … Continue reading
Not in Phoenix, Tucson, Southern California, Florida, the Sahara Desert, the Middle East, Australia, or anywhere else you might first guess. As of December 2014, the world’s largest airport solar farm is located in Indianapolis, Indiana. Yes, in the hearth … Continue reading
Just this week, Facebook announced it would be building its fifth data center complex in Fort Worth, Texas. Hat’s off to Facebook, as the entire complex will contain 750,000 square feet in three buildings on 111 acres, will be 100% … Continue reading
While quite an interesting read, the book Small, Gritty, and Green: The Promise of America’s Smaller Industrial Cities in a Low-Carbon World, by Catherine Tumber raised only a few new ideas to this urban planner. Perhaps that was because it … Continue reading