- The First Great Hub of the Northern Plains
- Two Towns and Two Death Tales of Billy the Kid
- Cities/Towns Named for Native American Indian Chiefs
- Hell’s Worth of Wickedness in One Cowtown
- A Town that was Born Through a Scam!
- Best and Worst Live Concerts Seen
- The Old West Personified in a Town’s Iconic Name
- Ominous Sounding Frontier Town Names
- The Town That Was Moved Four Times!
- Pendulum Urban Planning – The Wild Ride Between Pro and Anti-development
- 981,346 hits
Category Archives: Sexism
Last weekend (originally published in 2013) a derogatory nickname was overheard for a city here in Michigan that I had never heard expressed before in my 21 (now 26) years of being a resident of this state. For some reason … Continue reading
Oh my goodness, is Matthew McConaughey on a roll. First Mud, now Dallas Buyers Club. Is it possible to hand out two best actor Oscars to the same person in one year? I certainly hope so, because he deserves two for … Continue reading
I first published a variation of this blog post a couple of year’s ago. With my mother’s passing yesterday afternoon following a valiant and difficult struggle with Alzheimer’s, it seemed appropriate to post it again to honor her for all … Continue reading
My two younger sons and I attended the movie Mud this past Friday night. After hearing and/or reading stellar reviews about the film, we thought it would be a nice variation to the annual summer onslaught of superhero offerings. All … Continue reading
I had my first chance to see The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel entertaining film on DVD over the past weekend while visiting family in Indiana. What a terrific movie! No only are there wonderful characters and interwoven plots, but the … Continue reading
Here are some of my photos taken last night at the Michigan rally in support of vaginas held at the steps of the State Capitol in downtown Lansing. At least 5,000 people attended in support of Women’s Rights.
Photo of portion of the crowd in front of the state capitol in Lansing.