- International Cities of Peace
- People can be so disgusting!
- Favorite dystopian literature and films
- “Here comes the sun”…cities
- My Amazon HQ2 prediction
- Since when are fire trucks incapable of backing up?
- “Bigotsburg of the week” – Forrest City, Arkansas
- Bigotsburg of the week – Shreveport, Louisiana
- North American high-rise construction crane boomtowns
- Russian cities that arose from the Gulag era
- 672,184 hits
Category Archives: urban planning
As anyone who has worked with fire departments to review the proposed design of new buildings/developments will attest, they hate projects that require a fire truck to back up more than 50-75 feet. Why this is, has never been clearly … Continue reading
The following cities have ten (10) or more high-rise construction cranes operating in them based on the July 2017 semi-annual census conducted by Rider Levett Bucknall, Toronto = 72 Seattle = 58 Los Angeles = 36 Denver = 35 Chicago … Continue reading
Listed below are the 20 cities in India with the most high-rise buildings as defined by emporis.com. If the city is a suburb, the core city is listed next to it in parenthesis. Also shown in parenthesis at the end … Continue reading
Listed in alphabetical order with my favorite names shown in bold. Additional suggestions are welcome, as long as they are (or were) real food trucks. While some of these food trucks no longer may be open, the names are still great. … Continue reading