- The First Great Hub of the Northern Plains
- Two Towns and Two Death Tales of Billy the Kid
- Cities/Towns Named for Native American Indian Chiefs
- Hell’s Worth of Wickedness in One Cowtown
- A Town that was Born Through a Scam!
- Best and Worst Live Concerts Seen
- The Old West Personified in a Town’s Iconic Name
- Ominous Sounding Frontier Town Names
- The Town That Was Moved Four Times!
- Pendulum Urban Planning – The Wild Ride Between Pro and Anti-development
- 979,484 hits
Tag Archives: aging
Sometimes a movie will tickle your funny bone. Other times it will open your eyes or scare the bejeebers out of you. But, in the case of Nebraska, the Oscar nominated film from 2013, it will touch your heart and leave a … Continue reading
A little more satirical fun. Your community is a retirement haven when… Gray hair is considered way cool. Golf courses exceed parks. Prune juice is the best-selling soft drink. It’s retail economy depends on the sale of Depends. Everyone has … Continue reading
Some professional word etymologist needs to invent an appropriate term for a person who is not necessarily a friend, but who is much more than an acquaintance. Pal or buddy don’t seem to fit appropriately. The reason I bring this … Continue reading
On Thursday, I attended the Michigan Association of Planning’s (MAP’s) 2012 Spring Institute. The overall theme of the event was planning for an aging society – certainly a timely topic even if many of us prefer to dismiss the fact that … Continue reading