- The First Great Hub of the Northern Plains
- Two Towns and Two Death Tales of Billy the Kid
- Cities/Towns Named for Native American Indian Chiefs
- Hell’s Worth of Wickedness in One Cowtown
- A Town that was Born Through a Scam!
- Best and Worst Live Concerts Seen
- The Old West Personified in a Town’s Iconic Name
- Ominous Sounding Frontier Town Names
- The Town That Was Moved Four Times!
- Pendulum Urban Planning – The Wild Ride Between Pro and Anti-development
- 981,007 hits
Tag Archives: alternative energy
Below are charts showing the rapid growth in utility-scale solar project during the first quarter of 2013 and a comprehensive listing of those states with the most utility-scale solar power generation.The data is from the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA). … Continue reading
Given the ongoing North American oil production boom, there will no doubt be a tendency by those without any foresight (and in Big Oil) to push for scaling back incentives for clean, renewable energy resources like wind and solar; funding … Continue reading
Last week I had the opportunity to hear an interesting presentation on Michigan State University’s (MSU) new anaerobic digester power system that is under construction on the south end of its campus in East Lansing. The first phase will be … Continue reading
Below are a couple of photographs I took last Thursday of the new electric vehicle charging station at the headquarters of Lansing Board of Water and Light. Needless to say, there appears to be enough “volts” for charging . : … Continue reading
Below is a chart created by Clean Edge that lists all 50 states by their overall clean energy ranking. The comprehensive rankings are based on 70 indicators. Check it out and see how your state stacks up.
The following lists identify the provinces (Canada) and states (USA) with the most wind energy operating capacity as of the end of 2010, as well as more recent 2011 data. The data is provided by the Canadian Wind Energy Association … Continue reading
Here’s an interesting new twist to renewable energy. According to CNET , the state of California is seriously looking into capturing the energy emitted from road surfaces as they vibrate in reaction to the weight of vehicles passing overhead. These … Continue reading