- The First Great Hub of the Northern Plains
- Two Towns and Two Death Tales of Billy the Kid
- Cities/Towns Named for Native American Indian Chiefs
- Hell’s Worth of Wickedness in One Cowtown
- A Town that was Born Through a Scam!
- Best and Worst Live Concerts Seen
- The Old West Personified in a Town’s Iconic Name
- Ominous Sounding Frontier Town Names
- The Town That Was Moved Four Times!
- Pendulum Urban Planning – The Wild Ride Between Pro and Anti-development
- 981,346 hits
Tag Archives: APA
Anyone remotely interested in urban planning, revitalization, hiking, kayaking, bicycling, history, civics, urban design, community spirit, canals, economic development, the environment, or cities in general should download and listen to the November 19, 2013 podcast and powerpoint presentation of Tuesdays … Continue reading
As a Michigander for the past 21 years, I have heard my share of Detroit criticisms, jokes, and put downs, both from within and outside the Great Lakes State. While fingers can be and have been correctly pointed at the … Continue reading
If you are an urban planner and have not listened to the Tuesdays at APA podcasts, you really should. A number of these have been superb presentations that provide valuable insights. The podcast I listened to over the past Easter … Continue reading
With the American Planning Association’s (APA) National Conference being held in the great city of Chicago this spring, I was hoping to attend the weekend portion of the event. Many of the programs, lectures and events sound very interesting. Unfortunately, … Continue reading