- The First Great Hub of the Northern Plains
- Two Towns and Two Death Tales of Billy the Kid
- Cities/Towns Named for Native American Indian Chiefs
- Hell’s Worth of Wickedness in One Cowtown
- A Town that was Born Through a Scam!
- Best and Worst Live Concerts Seen
- The Old West Personified in a Town’s Iconic Name
- Ominous Sounding Frontier Town Names
- The Town That Was Moved Four Times!
- Pendulum Urban Planning – The Wild Ride Between Pro and Anti-development
- 978,675 hits
Tag Archives: Arctic
As Inuit town names are being reestablished in the Arctic regions of Canada, Alaska, and Greenland, this author has found them to often be much more interesting and descriptive than the former English or Danish (in Greenland) names. Too often, … Continue reading
Above and below are several amazing satellite images of Arctic and Boreal river deltas. Most of these reflect the classic fan-tail shape and even resemble trees (or tree roots) from space, with their main channel as the trunk and meandering … Continue reading
While reading a book that is especially enjoyable, I literally revel in it, not wanting the book to ever end. Never Look a Polar Bear in the Eye by author Zac Unger is just such a book. It is a … Continue reading