- The First Great Hub of the Northern Plains
- Two Towns and Two Death Tales of Billy the Kid
- Cities/Towns Named for Native American Indian Chiefs
- Hell’s Worth of Wickedness in One Cowtown
- A Town that was Born Through a Scam!
- Best and Worst Live Concerts Seen
- The Old West Personified in a Town’s Iconic Name
- Ominous Sounding Frontier Town Names
- The Town That Was Moved Four Times!
- Pendulum Urban Planning – The Wild Ride Between Pro and Anti-development
- 981,007 hits
Tag Archives: art deco
There really is no other street like in the United States. The Pearl Street Mall in downtown Boulder, Colorado is an iconic place; and urban planner’s dream come true of walkable, urban shopping and entertainment packed into four glorious blocks … Continue reading
There are many fine examples of art deco or art moderne design. But to this planner, one the most impressive art deco structures anywhere is the former Knapp’s Department Store, which adorns south Washington Square in downtown Lansing, Michigan. Completed in … Continue reading
Here are photos of some of the amazing movie theaters seen over the past two weeks while traveling in Northern California and Southern Oregon. Enjoy these screen gems!
Here are photos of two historic theaters in located in the Sierra Nevada mountains northeast of Sacramento in the lovely communities of Grass Valley and Nevada City.