- Cities and towns named for a river bend
- Favorites of 2020 thru the midyear
- Chris*craft flotilla
- Roadside Americana: Atomic age stops, sights, and oddities
- Tuesday Tunes: Favorite rock album titles
- “Punisher” by Phoebe Bridgers packs a powerful punch!
- Cities with three (3) or more matching letters in their name
- Up to 690,000 American’s died from our own nuke tests!
- American “Atomgrads” of the Cold War era…and beyond
- The rise of slender toothpick skyscrapers
- 1,212,138 hits
Tag Archives: atomic age
This blogpost is a little adventure through the sights and sounds of America’s roadside culture to depict how the Atomic Age has impacted it since 1945. A whole variety of businesses have adopted the term “atomic” or some variation thereof … Continue reading
While this list is not meant to be all-inclusive, it does list the top books and movies read or seen on the topic of the Atomic Age and/or nuclear war. They’re presented in the order of how I would personally … Continue reading
http:// As a child of the Atomic Age and the Cold War growing up on the far north side of Indianapolis, I never realized just how dangerously close my state came to suffering a major nuclear catastrophe a mere 55 … Continue reading
I just had the pleasure of reading a most interesting book entitled, Inventing Los Alamos: The Growth of an Atomic Community by Jon Hunner. Part historical account, part urban planning study, Inventing Los Alamos is a worthwhile read for anyone … Continue reading