- The First Great Hub of the Northern Plains
- Two Towns and Two Death Tales of Billy the Kid
- Cities/Towns Named for Native American Indian Chiefs
- Hell’s Worth of Wickedness in One Cowtown
- A Town that was Born Through a Scam!
- Best and Worst Live Concerts Seen
- The Old West Personified in a Town’s Iconic Name
- Ominous Sounding Frontier Town Names
- The Town That Was Moved Four Times!
- Pendulum Urban Planning – The Wild Ride Between Pro and Anti-development
- 980,354 hits
Tag Archives: Australia
Below is a list of the largest commercial aviation airports in Australia and New Zealand as measured by total acreage (using hectares and then multiplying by 2.471). Finding this land data proved to be more difficult than one would think … Continue reading
An amazing and beautiful video from the World Wildlife Fund taken with a GoPro camera on the back of a sea turtle at Australia’s Great Barrier Reef. Enjoy!
Above and below are images of the magnificent new Nan Tien Institute (a Buddhist educational center) located in Wollongong, Australia. The building’s entrance was designed to resemble the blooming petals of a lotus flower, which has three significant spiritual meanings to … Continue reading
Above is an image of the Australia 108 which is to be constructed in the Southbank section of Melbourne, Australia. The impressive residential tower will be 1,047 feet (319 meters) in height when completed and will replace the 978 foot tall Eureka … Continue reading
Until the past few days, I had not realized how many cities have added an enormous Ferris wheel as an urban attraction. Yes, I knew of the London Eye and even visited it myself in 2008, though the queue and … Continue reading
Similar to the data provided previously for cities in Canada, here is the 2014 walk scores for cities in Australia. Sydney = 63 Melbourne = 57 Adelaide = 54 Geelong = 53 Brisbane = 51 Perth = 50 Newcastle = … Continue reading