- Smaller Cities with Taller Skylines
- “Bu-tte-ful” Town Names
- Should Struggling Cities Be Renamed?
- Amazing Songs from the First Half of 2019
- Ten+ Planning Lessons from Page, Arizona
- Cities and Towns that Get the Point!
- Ten Planning Lessons from Flagstaff, Arizona
- Tri-Cities and Quad Cities
- City/Town Names Based on Indian Band and Tribal Names
- America’s First Great Town Planners…
- 1,007,720 hits
Tag Archives: Beats
One of the most fascinating aspects of 20th Century United States cultural history was the development of the Beat Generation shortly after World War II. While prominent for less than 20 years, the literary, musical, poetic, cultural, and philosophical icons … Continue reading →
While reading the classic Jack Kerouac autobiographical novel, On The Road, I was struck by his interesting reflections about the various urban and natural landscapes he observed. These were made while he was zooming back and forth across the nation’s … Continue reading →