Join 834 other followers
- Ten planning lessons from Maharishi Vedic City
- “Enlightened” city planning amid rural Iowa cornfields
- Cities and towns that have gone to the dogs: Ruff-ruff!
- Timeless Portraits of the Oklahoma Panhandle
- Cities with a lengthy formal, original, or ceremonial name
- Applying facets of Vastu Shastra to address climate change
- Favorite canyons and gorges visited
- A single sidewalk can make a huge difference
- Add “The Planning Commission” podcast to your agenda
- 15 years after the tornado – Planning lessons from Greensburg, Kansas
- 1,732,342 hits
Tag Archives: Boston
I had the opportunity to visit Boston and Cambridge, Massachusetts in mid-March. Here is a list of eleven planning-related lessons I took away from visiting these two dynamic cities. Preserve, protect and celebrate your community’s history. A varied blend of … Continue reading
Here are a few photos of art and architecture from our weekend trip to Boston and Cambridge. Enjoy!
Kathy and I joined my son Jonathan on a morning bike ride along both sides of the Charles River in Cambridge and Boston Saturday morning. While Hubway is located throughout much of the central parts of the Boston urban area, … Continue reading
Below is an artist’s rendering of the new mixed use skyscraper planned for the Back Bay district of Boston. The 58 story, 691 foot triangular-shaped building will contain both condominiums and a hotel, making it the tallest residential building in … Continue reading
Quite a hectic travel day yesterday (Sunday) as I attempted to return to Michigan early from visiting my son and daughter in law in Boston. Originally scheduled to fly home today (Monday), my airline, AirTran contacted me Saturday and suggested … Continue reading
Here are photos of some fantastic theater marquees in the great city of Boston and one from neighboring Brookline.
Here are a just a few of the myriad of photos taken today in Boston. Enjoy!