- Cities and towns named for a river bend
- Favorites of 2020 thru the midyear
- Chris*craft flotilla
- Roadside Americana: Atomic age stops, sights, and oddities
- Tuesday Tunes: Favorite rock album titles
- “Punisher” by Phoebe Bridgers packs a powerful punch!
- Cities with three (3) or more matching letters in their name
- Up to 690,000 American’s died from our own nuke tests!
- American “Atomgrads” of the Cold War era…and beyond
- The rise of slender toothpick skyscrapers
- 1,212,207 hits
Tag Archives: Brooklyn
A recent trend in skyscraper development, especially in New York City, has been pencil-thin, almost toothpick-like skyscrapers built on very small/narrow parcels. These slender towers look almost anorexic in appearance compared to many of their predecessors (see comparison graphic below). … Continue reading
Since when are the boroughs of New York City considered separate cities? Apparently, Forbes magazine believes they are synonymous even though they were consolidated to form the current city boundary in 1898. In its 2015 rankings of “the best cities for … Continue reading
Currently under construction in Brooklyn, New York is the world’s tallest prefabricated tower – a 32 story, 322 foot tall apartment building containing 363 dwelling units. Erected much like individual Lego pieces, each of the 930 units is constructed offsite, … Continue reading