- The First Great Hub of the Northern Plains
- Two Towns and Two Death Tales of Billy the Kid
- Cities/Towns Named for Native American Indian Chiefs
- Hell’s Worth of Wickedness in One Cowtown
- A Town that was Born Through a Scam!
- Best and Worst Live Concerts Seen
- The Old West Personified in a Town’s Iconic Name
- Ominous Sounding Frontier Town Names
- The Town That Was Moved Four Times!
- Pendulum Urban Planning – The Wild Ride Between Pro and Anti-development
- 979,988 hits
Tag Archives: Buddhism
Until recently, I was unaware of the Peace Pagoda (or Shanti Stupa) program initially begun by the late Nichidatsu Fujii and is continued today by the Nipponzan Myohoji Buddhists. This awe-inspiring effort to promote peace throughout the world began in 1947 as … Continue reading
Below is the information found to date for pagodas, stupas, and dagabas of 100 feet in height or more. A separate list is provided of those that may likely exceed 100 feet, but for which specific data has yet to … Continue reading
Above and below are images of the magnificent new Nan Tien Institute (a Buddhist educational center) located in Wollongong, Australia. The building’s entrance was designed to resemble the blooming petals of a lotus flower, which has three significant spiritual meanings to … Continue reading