Join 834 other followers
- Cities and towns that have gone to the dogs: Ruff-ruff!
- Timeless Portraits of the Oklahoma Panhandle
- Cities with a lengthy formal, original, or ceremonial name
- Applying facets of Vastu Shastra to address climate change
- Favorite canyons and gorges visited
- A single sidewalk can make a huge difference
- Add “The Planning Commission” podcast to your agenda
- 15 years after the tornado – Planning lessons from Greensburg, Kansas
- The planning profession could use some anarchy!
- Is Burning Man making a mistake at Fly Ranch?
- 1,729,299 hits
Tag Archives: building
I am little curious if anyone else in the planning or development review profession has noticed the following: Those applicants (developers, businesses, or firms) with the deepest pockets are the ones most likely to whine about the application requirements. It doesn’t … Continue reading
I don’t know about the rest of my fellow planners out there in cyberspace, but a development that is almost entirely one type of use except for a lone small non-residential space hardly qualifies as a mixed use development in … Continue reading
Let me preface this post by saying that the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED certification program is an excellent way to improve energy efficiency in building design and reduce a facility’s carbon footprint. It is an excellent marketing tool for … Continue reading